Food Safety Pest Management Conference
Tuesday, March 25, 2014 • 8am to 4pm • Boise Centre, Boise ID
Registration $245 with Early Bird discount. Expires Feb. 25, 2014.
Pest Management is changing for food producers. While expectations from auditors can feel like moving targets, the pressure is on for flexible pest management programs that adjust to pest trends and shifting conditions within food plants. New thinking, new research and advances in rodent management, inspections and bird risk reduction also tempt you with best practices in the name of food safety.
What should you do? What did and didn't work for others? How does this all apply to your business?
Sprague is bringing together the best minds in the business for an education-packed day focused on smarter pest management in food processing and manufacturing environments. Don't expect a relaxing day away from the warehouse. Come to learn, think outside the box and take away plant-proven ways to protect food and meet and exceed 3rd party inspection standards.
Who should attend?
This event will benefit Food Safety Managers, Plant & Warehouse Managers, Sanitation Managers and Supervisors, Facility Managers, Pest Management Program Coordinators and anyone with a stake in the effectiveness of your pest management program.
Earn CEU credits for attending. Approximately 4-5 credits will be available. Certificates of Participation will also be provided.
Speaker Lineup . . .
Assessing Rodent Risk in Food Processing
Robert Corrigan, Ph.D., Owner and President, RMC Pest Management Consulting
• Risk Assessments for Rodents
• Strategies for Rodent Vulnerable Zones in Food Plants
• New Ideas in Rodent Control
• Best Practices for Processing and Storage
IPM Inspections for Hot Spots in Food Plants
Stephen Kells, Ph.D., Assoc. Professor & Entomologist, University of Minnesota
• Leveraging Food Processing Warehouse Inspections to Protect Food Safety
• Advantages to Reducing Risk Through Inspection
• Why Pest Management Programs Must Focus Beyond Equipment
Influences of GFSI Audit Schemes on Food Plant Pest Management
Richard H. Dougherty, Ph.D., Past Professor and Food Science Specialist, Washington State University
• Audit Standards for Pest Management – Updates in 3rd Party Audits and Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) Audit Schemes
• Pest Management Requirements for Food Processors in GFSI Audit Schemes: SQF, BRC, FSSC
• Adjusting IPM Programs While Meet Shifting Expectations from 3rd Party Auditors
Regulatory and FSMA Requirements for Food Plant Pest Control
Jeff Kronenberg, Food Processing Specialist, University of Idaho, School of Food Science, TechHelp Idaho
• Food Safety Modernization Act – Now What?
• Looking Forward: Regulatory Influences on Pest Management
• Risk-based Management of Food Safety and Pest Control
Extreme IPM and the Timeline of Change in Pest Management
Jeffrey A. Weier, BCE, Technical Director, Sprague Pest Solutions
• Using Selective Solutions in Material and Treatment Methods
• Success Beyond the Basics of IPM
• Turning the Tables in Food Plant IPM Technology
Birds: Preventing Failures in Food Safety
Keith Rowney, Special Services Manager, Sprague Pest Solutions
• Pest Bird Risks to Food Safety
• Preventing Bird Infestations
• Bird Control Strategies
• Bird Identification, Behavior
Our experts will also be on hand throughout the day to answer questions and talk shop but don't expect a sales pitch. As a learning organization, we're committed to sharing what we know, supporting food companies and strengthening the pest management knowledge bank to protect the world's food supply. The more we all know, the safer the food.
Boise Centre Conference Location
For information, driving directions and parking information, visit the Attendee page on the Boise Centre website.
Group rates are available for $119 at the Grove Hotel Boise.
Grove Hotel Boise www.grovehotelboise.com
245 South Capitol Blvd
Boise, ID 83702
For online reservations, use this link with the Online Booking Code: SPRAGUE
If you call the Grove to make reservations, mention Food Safety Pest Management Conference when making your reservations. Reservations (866) 252-8073
Welcome Reception March 24th
Join us the evening of March 24th for a Welcome Reception at the Grove Hotel. Meet the speakers, network with food industry professionals and get to know the Sprague team!