As a business owner, the last thing you want to have is an ant infestation on your property. Ants may seem harmless, but they can quickly become a significant problem. At Sprague, we understand the threat that ants can pose to your reputation and offer specialized commercial pest control services to help you prevent and control ant infestations.
Types of Ants That Can Threaten Your Business
- Carpenter ants: are particularly problematic because they can cause significant damage to wood structures on your property, including walls, floors, and ceilings. These ants do not eat wood, but they excavate it to create their nests, which can weaken the structure over time.
- Pavement ants: are commonly found nesting under sidewalks, driveways, and building foundations. While they may not cause direct damage to your property, their presence can be unsightly to customers and indicate a larger pest problem.
- Odorous house ants: get their name from the strong, unpleasant odor they emit when crushed. These ants are attracted to sweets and can quickly become a nuisance in food service industries.
Health Risks Posed by Ants
Ants may not pose a direct health threat to humans, but they can contaminate food and food preparation surfaces. This can lead to the spread of harmful bacteria and increase the risk of food-borne illnesses.
Ant Infestations Can Harm Your Business
Ant infestations can harm your business in several ways. For example, customers may be turned off by the presence of ants in your facility, which can harm your reputation and lead to lost business. Additionally, ant infestations can lead to audit findings and costly fines, particularly in industries like food service.
Protecting Your Business from Ants
To protect your business from the threat of ants, it’s important to work with a commercial pest control company like Sprague that has experience in solving the toughest 10% of pest control issues. We offer a variety of pest control services designed to keep ants and other pests out of your workplace, including:
- Comprehensive inspections to identify areas of ant activity and entry points.
- Customized pest control plans that address your specific needs and challenges.
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM) techniques like exclusion, sanitation, and monitoring to prevent ant infestations.
- Targeted treatments to eliminate ants and minimize the use of pesticides.
- Ongoing monitoring and reporting to ensure continued protection from ants and other pests.
Partnering with Sprague for your commercial pest control needs can help you protect your employees and customers from the risks posed by ant infestations. Contact us today to learn more about our ant control services and how we can help keep your business pest-free.